Rolling Frames is an intimate and personal look into the scenarios of three very different relationships that are affected and manipulated by dependency.
At the heart of Rolling Frames are a series of shifting voices and characters that inhabit three very different relationships. These relationships are linked by the role that dependency plays in each. To some extent, every relationship involves a yielding of independence. The poem dissects this manner of yielding: the manifestation of greed in desire, the vulnerability in love, the loneliness in lust.
The physicality and inner rhythms of the words are translated once over by the expressive movements of dance, and once again through the gaze of the camera's eyes
Choreography & Movement Direction: Anna-Lise Marie Hearn
Videography & Direction: Katie Garrett (Garrett & Garrett Videography)
Poem: Ella Jane Chappell
Voices: Katie Garrett and Nicholas Hermann.
Rolling Frames has been screened across dance film festival internationally, it has won a number of awards including the Southbank Poetry Film Competition 2014 and was screened at Sadler's Wells as part of Sadler's Sampled 2016.
Screenings / Awards:
- R.E.D International Film Festival, Norway 2017
- Stories We Dance, Italy 2017
- Sadler's Wells, London UK - Sadler's Sampled 2016
- ScreenMotion Festival at TripSpace, London UK 2015
- Southbank Centre, London UK - Poetry Film Competition "Shot Through the Heart" 2014
- Croydon International Film Festival, UK 2014
- ZEBRA Poetry Film Festival, Germany 2014
- Topanga Film Festival, CA USA - Technology @ Play 2015
Featured in Cultural Weekly "ScreenDance Diaries" by Sarah Elgart.